Saturday, August 25, 2012

After Camp....

I find myself a little depressed after leaving camp.  The routine of the days, the amazing people I was surrounded by and the constant feeling of security and understanding.  It's a hard thing to leave.  I was reminded of why I came back to camp, the family I created, the people I learned to care about and the incredible life lessons that I've gained.  It really is a unique and special experience.

I wasn't sure what this summer would entail.  I was nervous that it wouldn't live up to last year, and I would be disappointed.  But to my surprise it went about and beyond any expectations I had for myself and the camp experience.  It was a completely different experience this year, filled with it's challenges, unbelievable support and love.

Last year, I was nervous, anxious and constantly questioning myself. I had never been around so many adoptees, asians, and people that I could actually relate to.  That's never happened, ever.  Plus not having done camp ever, I was jumping into a leadership role, what did I have to offer? Have I worked through my issues to help others and lead?  I had no idea.

So coming back this summer, as much as I loved last year, and made amazing friends, it was completely different.  I felt more confident, grounded, and now having a summer under my belt, prepared.  So my attitude had changed and it didn't hurt that three of my good friends were all going to be on leadership with me....lol

So I packed, got ready for 6 weeks of camp and drove to the airport.....


                                            to be continued..........

.

No comments:

Post a Comment